Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Whole Milk--Alleluia!

Went to the grocery store this week and bought myself a gallon of Vitamin D milk. Found myself skipping down the aisle with my $1.98 gallon of whole milk. Found myself skipping right past the $23.99 carton of Enfamil and the $21.99 carton of Similac. Found myself whispering, "Eat my dust, Similac" and then giggling as if I'd just beaten Similac in a game of Battleship, as if I'd just won a $100 lottery this month and next month and next month.


Then I watched Finny down a 6 oz. cup of $1.98 whole milk as if he'd been drinking it his whole life.


Mmmm...$1.98 never tasted so good.

2 comments:

  1. That step from formula to milk should be on the "milestones" charts for mommies...it is one of the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking about this very thing this morning, Ella is 10 months old and I just think I might bypass the last two months of formula, I mean really! What magically happens when they turn one that makes them be able to handle milk better?

    ReplyDelete