Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Finny Kisses Sheep

This week Finny has had two new cognitive developments.


First: He has learned how to Ba, Ba like a sheep. When I sing Patti Page's "The Mama Doll Song" to him, he sings right along with me.

The song goes,

"Her eyes were so blue, and her cheeks were so red, but I loved her most of all each time she said...Mama, mama, mama, mama. One little word she knew. Mama, mama, mama, mama. To me it meant, I love you."


When I sing "One little word she knew...," he chimes in with "Baba, baba, baba." So, clearly he knows that I'm his Mama. He just doesn't know yet that I'm not a sheep. One step at a time.


Second cognitive development: Finny gives kisses on command.


If you say, "Finny, give me a kiss," right on cue he'll lay one on you. It's probably the best thing ever. The only trouble is, he is a little advanced in the kissing department and he goes straight for the open-mouth kiss, using tongue and sometimes teeth like a seventh grader at an eighth grade dance.


But Baba doesn't mind wiping her face and asking immediately for another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment