Friday, October 16, 2009

Your Own Personal Laugh Track

Recently, on our way home from a party, I was feeling a little sad and tired and found myself crying in the front seat. David, driving beside me, was trying to console me when we heard what sounded like someone gasping for air in the back seat.

When we turned to look, there was Finny in his dump truck pajamas with the feet, cloaked in his little black pea coat and cap, sucking on his paci and holding his sides, about to lose a kidney from laughing so hard.

Every time I let out a crying sob, he squealed with delight. Despite my sadness, his laughter was contagious and both David and I couldn't help but laugh at how hilarious he thought it was that I was crying.

David keeps talking about a way for us to bring in some extra money. We've talked about me teaching a class or trying to publish some of my writing. Now, I'm thinking about renting out Finny to anyone feeling a little down. We'll stick him in your back seat while you cry away and he'll just have a ball.

Everyone needs a little cloaked man in dump truck pajamas lurking in the dark, laughing his butt off. It'll do wonders for your mood. Haven't worked out the rates yet. Call me and we can negotiate.

No comments:

Post a Comment